Benefits of Foundation Programme
There are many benefits to joining the Foundation Programme namely:
- Increased personal insight, wisdom and experience of Dharma (Buddha’s teachings)
- Studying and meditating more effectively following a specially-designed programme and qualified meditation teacher
- An opportunity to discuss and ask questions
- Help, support and friendship from like-minded people
- Gain the ability to integrate Buddha’s instructions into busy modern life.
Foundation Programme has many benefits (as mentioned above) and is not a drop-in class. Enrolment is required and we ask that everyone who enrols:
- has a sincere personal commitment to try to attend each class,
- will commit to at least 3 months after having one or two taster sessions.
FP students enrollment offers all the benefits of being a KMC London Temple Member.
These personal commitments combined with the special structure of the class (see below) enable us to take the most from our efforts to improve the quality of our mind and realise our full potential.
The programme consists of a dynamic combination of teachings, meditation and discussion, all of which enable us to go deeper into the layers of meaning within each book that we study. All of this helps us to make real progress along our spiritual path.
Each class consists of preliminary prayers, guided meditation and reading from the book with commentary and discussion.
For more information about the Foundation Programme from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, click HERE
Watch a video of the benefits of this programme run by another Kadampa Centre in New York